1/6/07

The Christmas Spoils

Err... Well, perhaps "spoils" isn't the right word. I did sorta vanish for a while, but you're used to that, right? :P In any case, I got some cool stuff for Christmas, and I hope all of you had a good Christmas and New Year's. For games, I received the Oblivion Knights of the Nine expansion and Gran Turismo 4 for PS2. The expansion is awesome, but GT4 wouldn't work. We had to return it and get a new one. That's not bad compared to what happened to my little brother Jared, though. He eagerly opened his Eragon game only to find that there was no game in there! They fixed that problem at the same time that they replaced GT4, but we waited until the 30th for that.

Anyway, my biggest and best present wasn't officially for Christmas. You see, we kinda live out in the boonies, and until recently, the only way to get high-speed internet was through Comcast. Comcast isn't too bad, but it costs $60 a month! Plus, my dad said our house would need some wiring done. I dunno why, cause it's only 6 years old... Anyway, the computer lab tech. recently mentioned that he had Verizon DSL at home and that I should be able to get it. I checked online and, lo and behold, I could! Only $30 a month for 3 Mbps download, and no wiring... It only took a hour to convince my parents.

We ordered it on Tuesday, and due to an incredible stroke of luck it was all set to go by yesterday afternoon! Let me tell you, life with DSL is like... well, it's like when we first got Satellite TV: so many possibilities, so little time. We can download 30 MB files in about 1 minute flat! It used to take us an hour! I signed up for the Verizon-Yahoo package, and I'm actually listening to Internet Radio as we speak.

Well, enough rambling. The final note is that I'm making the rounds and eradicating "Mari0mega" wherever I can. I'm 16 now! Mario isn't the main thing on the radar. My new username is jordan_mega_gamer, to match my email. Now, lemme at those online games! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks for stopping by on my blog! If you want more traffic, don't worry about it, because it's something that comes gradually as your website grows. It really takes consistent posting, as well as coverage of some main-stream topics (i.e., next-gen consoles, video-game gadgets, and other developments like trailers, movie-adaptations, etc.). Some fantastic blogs to read are Joystiq and Kotaku.

Anyways, nice blog, and I also noticed you've been writing, which is awesome! It's something that I've always wanted to try, but could never get around to.